From a synthetic intelligence-powered “mission management middle” to a Theranos-like take a look at to a number of extra hospital-at-home packages, hospitals and well being techniques have been busy investing in innovation initiatives and pursuing innovation partnerships.
Listed here are 34 innovation initiatives Becker’s has reported on since Jan. 17:
1. The Wharton-Penn Medication Fund for Well being, a enterprise between Philadelphia-based Penn Medication and the Wharton Environmental, Social and Governance Initiative, invested Feb. 13 in Twentyeight Well being, a digital well being startup aiming to enhance the reproductive well being of ladies from underserved communities.
2. Norfolk, Va.-based Sentara Healthcare is rolling out a 3D mammography van to develop breast most cancers screenings with the newest normal of expertise.
3. Pittsburgh-based UPMC Enterprises, GV (previously Google Ventures), and Gates Frontier participated within the $51 million growth collection B financing spherical Feb. 13 for drug discovery firm Cerevance.
4. Winston-Salem, N.C.-based Novant Well being launched an accelerator Feb. 13 to assist promising healthcare startups come to market.
5. Boston-based Brigham and Girls’s Hospital has been utilizing a wide range of digital instruments to take care of surgical sufferers remotely.
6. Fredericksburg, Va.-based Mary Washington Healthcare partnered Feb. 14 with telehealth firm Caregility to launch a digital nursing program at its Stafford (Va.) Hospital.
7. UC San Diego Well being obtained a $22 million reward Feb. 8 to create a synthetic intelligence-powered “mission management middle.”
8. Marietta, Ga.-based Wellstar Well being System expanded its partnership with digital actuality communication expertise developer Moth+Flame on Feb. 8 to offer clinicians VR emotional intelligence coaching.
9. RightMove, a digital bodily remedy firm that spun out of New York Metropolis-based Hospital for Particular Surgical procedure, named former Walmart Well being chief Marcus Osborne as CEO on Feb. 6.
10. Predictive analytics utilized by care coordinators has helped stop hospital readmissions at Corewell Well being, which is dually headquartered in Grand Rapids and Southfield, Mich., a brand new examine discovered.
11. College of Miami Well being System partnered Feb. 2 with synthetic intelligence firm Darvis to streamline its provide chain operations.
12. St. Joseph Medical Heart, a part of Tacoma-based Virginia Mason Franciscan Well being, began a brand new at-home care program Feb. 2 by means of a partnership with residence care firm Contessa.
13. Minneapolis-based Allina Well being joined the Guardian Analysis Community, which focuses on advancing analysis in precision medication, on Feb. 2.
14. Hybrid main care firm One Medical opened a second Miami location Feb. 1 as a part of an affiliation with College of Miami Well being System.
15. Oakland, Calif.-based Kaiser Permanente Ventures and Cigna Ventures participated in a $34 million funding spherical Jan. 31 for NOCD, an organization that provides digital therapy for obsessive-compulsive dysfunction.
16. Rochester, Minn.-based Mayo Clinic entered right into a know-how and inventory buy settlement Jan. 31 with digital well being firm Xsensio to develop wearables for essential care.
17. UPMC Enterprises joined in a $50 million collection D financing spherical Jan. 31 for Clearsense, a healthcare analytics and knowledge firm.
18. Peoria, Sick.-based OSF HealthCare partnered Jan. 31 with enterprise builder Excessive Alpha Innovation and Alpine Well being Programs to launch an AI-based discharge platform that may determine sufferers who could also be liable to longer hospital stays.
19. Nashville, Tenn.-based Ardent Well being Companies partnered Jan. 31 with Accenture to make the most of UKG Dimensions, a synthetic intelligence-powered workforce administration device, throughout its community of 30 hospitals.
20. Anderson, S.C.-based AnMed launched a synthetic intelligence-powered workflow automation system Jan. 31 by means of a partnership with Xsolis.
21. New York Metropolis-based NYU Langone Well being picked up an fairness stake Jan. 30 in 3D digital surgical procedure firm Medical iSight as a part of a improvement deal.
22. Newark, Ohio-based Licking Memorial Well being Programs partnered Jan. 30 with InVita Healthcare Applied sciences and Lifeline of Ohio to launch a platform that may assist determine potential organ, tissue and eye donors.
23. Northwell Holdings, the enterprise capital arm of New Hyde Park, N.Y.-based Northwell Well being, backed Hume AI, a startup aiming to detect feelings utilizing synthetic intelligence, in a January $12.7 million funding spherical for the corporate.
24. UPMC Enterprises backed well being knowledge firm Smile Digital Well being in a $30 million collection B financing spherical Jan. 26.
25. Baltimore-based College of Maryland Medical System teamed up Jan. 24 with tech firm Curation Well being to make use of knowledge analytics to enhance inhabitants well being and cut back administrative duties for suppliers.
27. Orlando (Fla.) Well being entered into an settlement Jan. 23 with international technology-enabled care supply supplier Biofourmis to make use of its instruments to energy its hospital-at-home program.
28. Greenville, S.C.-based Prisma Well being Youngsters’s Hospital is providing its affected person’s an opportunity to tour the South Carolina Aquarium by means of a robotic they’ll management with out leaving their hospital mattress.
29. Cleveland-based College Hospitals Ventures — by means of its Healthcare Collaboration Fund with enterprise capital nonprofit JumpStart Inc. — Baltimore-based LifeBridge Well being and CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield invested in pediatric well being tech startup Xploro in January.
30. Researchers at Palo Alto, Calif.-based Stanford Medication have developed a Theranos-like take a look at that screens for well being measures utilizing a single drop of blood.
31. Tampa (Fla.) Common Hospital rolled out two new cellular well being models Jan. 20 to conduct physicals, screenings and immunizations for neighborhood members and employers.
32. Richmond, Va.-based VCU Well being launched a brand new program Jan. 17 that gives at-home hospital-level care to sufferers with acute care wants.
33. Ascension Ventures, the enterprise capital arm of St. Louis-based Ascension, invested in hospitality expertise firm HotelRunner as a part of a $6.5 million collection A funding spherical Jan 17.
34. Los Angeles-based Prospect Medical Holdings partnered Jan. 11 with in-home and value-based care firm Signify Well being on a inhabitants well being initiative.